Verizon dropped by Triple Bundle Discounts and I have to call every month to get the credits!
ggm19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for the Triple Bundle in June 2014 and was given a good deal with $65/month discounts. This was honored the first month. Then in July, during the World Cup finals, my wife wanted to watch the Germany game but we didn't have the right subscription for that sports channel, so she upgraded using the TV/cable remote. She went through the prompts to subscribe to the sports channel, not realizing that we could lose all our discounts!!!

For every month since then, we have lost our Triple Bundle credit, and every month, I have to call to the Verizon customer service line and ask for the $65 credit back. I am usually on hold for about 10-15 minutes, and the first representative tells me that it was our fault for upgrading because we should have known that our discounts would have dropped. I tell that was not disclosed, nor does that make any business or ethical sense to drop discounts when we subscribe to a new channel (as we are actually willing to pay MORE as customers for more service). Then I ask to speak to a supervisor who then will get me with the $65 for that month and will put a "Roth" ticket to see if this can be fixed in the long-term, but it never does.

So every month since then: August, September, October, November, December, January, and then today, I have been calling Verizon to get my credits, and each time I waste about 1-2 hours on the phone giving the same story.

I am extremely frustrated that this problem has not been solved. I am supposed to get a $65 credit through till June 2016 for the Triple Bundle, and such a simple fix has not happened.

Apparently, something similar has been described by a newspaper article in New Jersey:

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2012/02/bamboozled_after_months_of_pho.html

I am at wit's end. I am thinking about taking this to consumer protection agencies and even the media (as the gentleman in the article did). It is unreasonable to drop my credits for adding a new sports channel and then having to make me call every month to add on my credits. And last month (January), Verizon never even gave me my credit despite my call. 

Re: Verizon dropped by Triple Bundle Discounts and I have to call every month to get the credits!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ggm19,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes