Verizon needs to move their line off old pole. Almost a year now and they still haven't moved it!
dizzkat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have submitted two tickets for Verizon to move their line off an old pole to newly erected poles since March 2013. We had new utility poles installed by Dominion Power and all the other utility lines have be moved, but Verizon will not move their line! We are going to start building a new house this spring and Verizon's line is in the way. No matter who I speak with, we get the run around and nothing ever happens. We have asked Dominion Power to intervene since it's their poles and they have sent them "NJUNS" ticket requests (whatever that means). But Verizon still hasn't moved their line. ughhhhhhh Why is it so hard to get though to someone in customer service that can actually help me with this???

We are now at the point where people have told us we should file a complaint with the VA SCC. I live in northern Virginia. We can't delay building because of this line, so something needs to be done ASAP. If anyone has any advice before I file an official complaint, please let me know. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon needs to move their line off old pole. Almost a year now and they still haven't moved it
dizzkat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally ended up filing a complaint with the State Corp Commision... and got a call from Verizon the very next day. They are finally going to move it. I wish I had just filed a complaint sooner...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon needs to move their line off old pole. Almost a year now and they still haven't moved it
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dizzkat wrote:

Why is it so hard to get though to someone in customer service that can actually help me with this???

Because Verizon's customer service department's primary job is to handle billing issues, new customer sign-ups and package changes.  They also provide some technical support.  Anything outside of that is usually something they can't handle.

You most certainly should file a complaint with your local and/or state government.  That'll get their attention quicker than anything short of the pole getting knocked down by a snowplow.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
dizzkat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally ended up filing a complaint with the State Corp Commision... and got a call from Verizon the very next day. They are finally going to move it. I wish I had just filed a complaint sooner...

0 Likes