Very, very bad experience with Verizon online representatives, and Verizon in general.
raven132
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a very unpleasant experience with FIOS customer service representatives. I went online to change my plan, interested in increasing my internet speed and more importantly, signing up for One Bill, when attempts to do so on the One Bill site failed (I don't have home phone... just FIOS TV & internet, and a wireless plan).  

I encountered 'Agent Neel' online and asked him if he could help me add One Bill.  He said I could most certainly add One Bill and that he could help me.  BUT, I could only do it AFTER RENEWING MY FIOS PLAN.  That seemed fishy, BUT I BELIEVED AND TRUSTED HE WAS HELPING ME.  I followed his instructions, feeling like a puppet on a string at that point, and checked out with my new plan.

Once that was done, he said, "Congratulations on completing your Verizon order successfully online. You will receive an e-mail confirmation letter, within 24 hours, from Verizon. This e-mail will have your online order number which you can use to check your online order status."  I asked about One Bill, again, WHICH WAS WHAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING ME WITH TO BEGIN WITH.  Apparently he forgot and was obviously only interested in getting me to click that 'checkout' button on a new FIOS plan.  At that point, he QUICKLY transferred me to somebody else.  WAIT?!  He said HE could help me sign up for One Bill, NOT SOMEBODY ELSE.  

POOF, he's gone, washed his hands of me, and got what he wanted out of me too, nevermind the reason I was on there to begin with, One Bill.

So be it.  

I'm then suddenly on with 'Agent Magali'.  She says she can certainly add the One Bill for me.  After some long pauses, she comes on and says she has to call me to verify it's me, and to gather the last three digits of my social security number.  She called, I gave her the info, and we decided to finish on the phone.  After some more pauses and being put on hold, she comes back to tell me she can't add the One Bill because of a glitch of some sort in the system.  Because my new FIOS service wasn't up yet, she couldn't add it.  But, assured me that she could do it in a day or two and that she would keep the last four digits of my social security number safe until then, under lock and key in her desk.  I thought that was fishy, but she seemed to know what she was doing and was more concerned with my situation than 'Agent Neel' ever was, so I agreed.  

She called a couple days later and left me a message saying that the account still wasn't active, and that she'd try again the next day.  The next day, she leaves me a message saying that the account was now active, but something was amiss on the Verizon Wireless end, and she couldn't do anything about it, and advised me to contact Verizon Wireless for more assistance.  Basically, she said, 'good luck, sorry I can't help you'.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Verizon Wireless... Verizon FIOS... VERIZON.  It's the SAME COMPANY, CORRECT? Couldn't she talk to somebody within the same company on the Wireless end to figure it out?  

So, I'm supposed to now call or visit Verizon Wireless and tell them this whole story and hope, just hope they can help me?! NOT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?!  On top of that, the number 'Agent Magali' was calling from was UNLISTED or blocked from my caller ID, on my Verizon Wireless iPhone, and she left me no way to get in touch with her with any questions.  No phone number, no email address, nothing.  

She, too, washed her hands of me.

I want to know who I can speak to to resolve this situation.  I can say I certainly want to cancel the new plan I signed up for, reverting back to my non-contract plan.  I DO NOT want 'Agent Neel' getting any credit for me signing up for the new plan.

This experience has been so time consuming and so unpleasant, it's just incredibly frustrating.  Verizon says they can do something, their employees say they WILL do something for me, and they can't, or won't.  In "Agent Neel's" case, he just wasn't interested in helping me, outside of me signing up for a new FIOS plan.  Period.  How he handled things was appalling.

I'm best reached via email.  

PS- I to spend an extra 25 minutes going through my message and removing any special characters which are necessary for proper grammar before I sent a similar complaint to the 'Contact Us' link on Verizon.  You know, anything like this :'()-".  Talk about icing on the cake.  One of the richest companies in the world can't even find an online form submission site that can handle PROPER ENGLISH.

Re: Very, very bad experience with Verizon online representatives, and Verizon in general.
Tiamo33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had similar problems with Verizon.  I swear the customer service people are working for themselves, and receiving commission on any kind of **bleep** they can sell.  I've had certain ones promise to call me back but never do, or I'm blocked when I try to call the number they gave me.  They are real pros at passing the buck.  A good idea would be to tape each and every call made to CS.

0 Likes
Re: DRe: Very, very bad experience with Verizon online representatives, and Verizon in general.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

raven13,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes