Visa promotional gift card disappointment
Wally20
Visa prepaid card disappointment

On 10/1/13 I signed up for the new Triple Play promotion that included a free $300 visa card.  I already had the telephone and internet but I stopped my cable with direct TV and had to pay a penalty, thinking I was getting great "new customer" promotion.  The service was installed Oct 1, 2013 and I was told that the Visa card should arrive within 3 months.  Since I have had no communication regarding the card I called and after being on the phone for approximately an hour with the Verizon rep and then transferred to the promotions department rep, I was told that they couldn't find anything and I had just talked to another rep regarding this a month prior and that rep transferred me to the promotional department and the rep confirmed everything and said you don't have a balance, however this is 60 days and the card is mailed out after 90 days.  I said OK and I will call back Jan 1, 2013.

I called back Jan 2, 2013 which is today and after talking back and forth with the Verizon rep for 30 minutes I was transferred to the promotional department and after being put on hold off and on for 30 minutes I was told that he didn't see anything and he would put the order in for my card, but now it would take another 30-45 days and after getting into a confrontation with him I asked to be transferred to the supervisor.

I talked with a promotional department supervisor by the name of Andy {edited for privacy} and he told me I am sorry but due to human error you have to wait and your card order has been put in and I asked for a confirmation and he said there is no confirmation, I gave him my original order number which is {edited for privacy} and it clearly says my service started Oct 1, 2013 and when I to the promotional department a month ago, she confirmed everything and said that it would be mailed out after 90 days, to find out it hasn't and they really don't no anything but they will put the order in didn't make any sense to me.  He also explained how the cards had to be made and then shipped out its already been 90 days this doesn't make sense.

I have to say I was very excited to switch to Verizon Fios since we have been long time Fioscustomers with no issues and thought the moving cable and internet  and phone bundle would be a very similar experience but I have been very disappointed so far.  After further research I have found on different forums on the internet that I am not the only one this has happen too and now it starting to seem like a scam or a way to prolong sending me my gift card.  

0 Likes
Re: Visa promotional gift card disappointment
kaliilee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am right there with you, I have been on the phone over THREE (3) hours!! I have been transferred to person after person!! Finally gt Isac in promotions (hard to understand his accent) he told me I was NOT getting it because it was not included in my original email they sent me when I accepted services. Like how the heck are we as customers to know these things!!! I got to his supervisor who was really nice told me he believed me 100% but I was to late though for the deadline to complain!! WTH again, how are we to know??? He said that he could get customer service to credit me that amount, I was happy with this solution, same thing just a different form... He transferred me to a lady, explained everything to her.. He wish her and I both a happy new year.. SHe at this point tells me she has to put me on hold for a brief moment... forty minutes go by and I end up back at the beginning with the recordings, a new lady who wants me s=to start all over!!! I ask her to transfer me to promotions and she transfers me to the fraud department who then says they will transfer me to promotions and they disconnect me!! I think this is all a big SCAM!!!! They just want customers and have every loop hole and trick of the trade to NEVER have to pay!!!!

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blkbeauty44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello there, after having this verbal disagreement with verizon customer service& promotion deapt, I was told I did'nt sign for the visa card & that i would need to sign a two year agreement to get the visa ,although I did qualify as well as entering the two year agreement in the begining but of course verizon will contiue to decieve their customers , I went on & filed a a complaint with consumer affairs ,to get the word around due to disloyalty & deciet ,then to mention the card is'nt any longer valued at $400.00 but dropped to $250.00 which it still has'nt been established that I will recieve the prepaid card , yes this is a huge scam to trap customers into this two year service agreement , my advice to you & other's that has expierenced the same game from verizon you should immediatley file a complaint with consumer affairs in the mean time good luck 🙂

0 Likes
Raintree

I'm finding it to be a SCAM as well.  They sent a link to redeem both for merchandize and for the prepaid card but the link takes you to a bunch of useless merchandize only and there's no way to redeem the visa card.  When you call the number for Fios Promotion Dept - it hangs up on you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Raintree,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes