how extensive is the free on-demand library
rlsaas

contemplating switching from comcast to verizon, but can't find any information about how extensive the on-demand library to allow you to watch - for free - past episodes of tv shows.  which shows, how many episodes are made available, etc.  My kids use this comcast functionality ALL.THE.TIME and i can't afford $1 per show each time they want to go watch past episodes of favorite or new shows.  I know they can dvr stuff, but sometimes they just go back and watch an entire season of a show someone told them they would like.  i need to know that they can still do that with verizon without it costing me an extra $50 in flexview charges each month. 

0 Likes
Re: how extensive is the free on-demand library
tns
Master - Level 2

Its actually fairly large.  Many of the channels you subscribe to have free content.  Obviously you can't use them if you are not subscribed.

All the regular TV networks and many others have free content.  The premium channels including all the movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime,Stars, The Movie Channel, EPIX, etc) have free content to subscribers.

Make sure you turn on parental controls (even if you don't decide to restrict content) and under parental controls chose to restrict purchases (can be same code or different code than parental controls).  Just to make sure no purchases are made without your consent.

0 Likes