neighbor's new FIOS line runs through my yard and over fence. please advise before i cut.
jwest035

I have a fios line that is running to my neighbors home that has been installed for the last ~2weeks.  This line is above ground and runs over my fence. i've contacted verizion about this several times and placed work orders which per Verizon, have been resolved, but in reality nothing has actually happened. One time a guy came out and dug a hole under my fence, likely to run the line through, but then he just filled the hole back in and never moved anything. At this time i've contacted all the availalbe verizon options, and have spent several hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue. 

I have got another work order established that is supposed to have the line fixed within the next few days. However, at this point i'm interested in verizon providing me some sort of credit/compensation for the amount of time of mine that they have wasted through this process of incorrect installations and phony completion of work orders.  I have been told that since my service was not interupted, i cannot be provided any "credit" and there is no such thing as an inconvience credit.  However, i feel like there should be something due to the continued use of my property and my backyard and my time on the phone trying to get this situation resolved.

If i cannot be compensated in any way for this continued inconvience, i can of course, end the inconvience by just cutting and removing the incorrectly installed line from my property.  My lawn needs to be mowed, and the line, as it's above ground, is directly in the way. My solution is fairly simple.  Verizon please advise.

0 Likes
Re: neighbor's new FIOS line runs through my yard and over fence. please advise before i cut.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

While I understand your frustration, I just want to jump in here and advise you *not* to cut the line. If you do, Verizon will most likely send you the bill for any repairs they make, and still not offer any type of credit.

0 Likes
Re: neighbor's new FIOS line runs through my yard and over fence. please advise before i cut.
jwest035

In that event, Verizon would be unable to make any repairs, as i would deny them access to my property going forward.

And sure they could attempt to "charge" me for any repairs.  But i would of course counter that

a) i can  "charge" them for use of my property where they have strung an above ground line.

b) i can ignore their bill in the same way they will in all likelihood choose to ignore mine.

Being "afraid" of big companies like this, is really a mistake. Often as an individual you have much more leverage than you think. All the hassle they could attempt to bring on me could easily be countered and/or ignored, and would it be worth their time and effort?? Especially given they want to keep me as a customer!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You need to contact Verizon directly for this.  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes