new guide: not in HD
owlcatcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide update did not offer me tv size or type option on my primary set, a popular 40" Samsung.  I am seeing the narrower, fatter, smaller SD version. Tech Support tried all the fussing around with settings that I had already tried, then told me there was no solution.  Said other folks had this problem and I would just have to live with it.

Does not seem a reasonable answer, I want a fix ASAP.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new guide: not in HD
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@owlcatcher wrote:

The new guide update did not offer me tv size or type option on my primary set, a popular 40" Samsung.  I am seeing the narrower, fatter, smaller SD version. Tech Support tried all the fussing around with settings that I had already tried, then told me there was no solution.  Said other folks had this problem and I would just have to live with it.

What model is your set-top box (check the bottom left of the front panel). QIP-6xxx models do not support the widescreen guide; if you have one of those models, you will have to upgrade to a QIP-7xxx model. You can get the upgraded model no charge at any local Verizon FiOS store.

View solution in original post

UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@owlcatcher wrote:

What model is your set-top box (check the bottom left of the front panel). QIP-6xxx models do not support the widescreen guide; if you have one of those models, you will have to upgrade to a QIP-7xxx model. You can get the upgraded model no charge at any local Verizon FiOS store.

owlcatcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Support said they had not heard of any problem with QIP 6, but did send me a new box - QIP 7 -- works perfectly!  THANKS

UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

It's not a problem so much as it is a limitation of the 6-series boxes. They simply do not have the graphics hardware to support widescreen guides and menus. That feature is simply not available on those boxes.

In any case, glad you were able to get the upgraded box.

0 Likes
b_foote1

had mine installed 3 months ago. They installed a 6416 and a 7100?? Arent these OLD! Then they charged me $10 to send me a new one. who installs old equiptment on a new install! Stupid.

0 Likes