"New" Contract Issue
iDShaDoW703
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last week, I decided to upgrade to 150/150Mbps Internet to see if it is worth it (chose to retain my current agreement).

Turns out that it isn't worth the price difference so I went and changed it back to 75/75Mbps (my understanding is that I had 14 days to decide and could go back to my original bundle/contract).

I signed in today and saw that my contract is ending on 08/2017 (2 years from now instead of the original 11/2016 end date).

I contacted customer support and was told that a new contract was created and there's no way to go back to my original agreement and that I have the following options:

1) Stay with the current 08/2017 contract and pay an Early Termination Fee if I decide to change to another company on 11/2016.

2) Change to a month-to-month contract but end up losing all my discounts that I got when I renewed during the Holiday Promo.

Obviously, the 1st option is better than the 2nd; however, neither is what it should be - keeping my discounts while having the original end date of 11/2016 retained.

So now my contract ends on 08/2017 but my discounts end on 11/2016...

Can someone please look into this and get it corrected.  I was told that there is no way to change contract dates in the system but it makes no sense to be stuck with this as it is now.

Ideally, things would get reverted back to original.  At worst, I would think a note on the account should be made to waive any Early Termination Fees there are on 11/2016 so that I can change it to a month-to-month contract when the time comes if needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: "New" Contract Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iDShaDoW703,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes