"Received some but not all equipment"
slb073000

Hello,

My name is {edited for privacy}and my wife, Jennifer, and I have been happy FiOS customers for years now. My parents use FiOS, my friends do as well, and we've honestly had no complaints. Today, however, we received an email saying that we haven't turned in all of our equipment and it has me a little frustrated.

Now, I understand that mistakes can be made on either side. I know for a fact that we turned in all of our equipment because I packed the box myself. We were renting the FiOS Quantum equipment, having upgraded to that service from our original FiOS service, and I'm wondering if maybe the mix up is coming from that upgrade. It says now that we didn't turn in a second media server or a wireless router. We received a new wireless router when we upgraded to Quantum along with all new equipment. We returned our previous wireless router then. We also returned the old set top boxes at that time. To be clear, we were originally renting two HD boxes and an SD box as well as a router. When we upgraded to FiOS Quantum we returned that old equipment in exchange for one main media server, two smaller ones for the other rooms, and another, new wireless router. We have since returned the Quantum equipment only to be told that we haven't. I've noticed that this is a common issue and it honestly has me a bit worried.

Since it is such a common issue, why not allow customers to return the equipment to the store so there is more accountability on the companies end? This feels a bit like a run around that you give to many of your customers who have to move on from your service, which is a shame. It's a shame because I was looking forward to going back to your service once we purchased our home, seeing as the only reason we had to cancel was that our lease was up. But if this is how you treat loyal customers, I honestly can't find myself continuing to do business with you. 

I sincerely hope this matter can be resolved because I have enjoyed my time with your service. However, I won't be bullied into paying for equipment that I've already returned. And I certainly will be letting the family and friends that use this service know exactly what to expect should they ever have to move and temporarily disconnect their service.

0 Likes
Re: "Received some but not all equipment"
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes