ridiculous charge to a broken remote
wildthang1

I have have FIOS service for over 5 years and have loved it.  Until today.  Over the past few weeks, a few buttons on one of my remotes have slowly started to not respond.  I have to either press multiple times, or hold the button down for several seconds to get it to work.  I have been dealing with this until today, when the button to turn on the STB stopped work completely. 

I know it is the remote, because I have two boxes that use the same remote.  The second remote work perfectly. 

I tried using the online agent, but for some reason he had trouble finding my account, even though I gave him my phone number, acct number and address.   So I called in.  After talking to the tech guy, he agreed it was my remote and transferred me to customer service.  They said they would replace it for $14.95.  That make no sense to me.  I pay close $20 a month to "rent" that STB that the remote is for.  What good is that for?    Well to Verizon's thinking the remote is seperate.  That is riduculous!

I spend over $200 a month for verizon services.  and they just lost a customer over a $15 dollar gothca.  I will be cancelling my services as soon as I can arrange a replacement. 

0 Likes
Re: ridiculous charge to a broken remote
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are  talking to peers here.

They used to give free replacement remotes.   But they had a bunch of people asking for replacements only to turn around and sell them.  Obviously it would have been nicer if they had chose another way to bring this under control, but they didn't. 

Lots of people have legitimately acquired spare remotes (from upgrades to their STB's), but you would have to find someone near you and willing to give you one for free or cheap. 

0 Likes
Re: ridiculous charge to a broken remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or look on eBay as there are lots for sale.

Some are suspicious to me as people are selling large groups.

0 Likes