meenmamma53

on March 5th I called verizon tech for help with my pc,after a few minutes he came back and said he couldn't help me because someone hacked my pc,He then REDIRECTED me to a company who did this,The co. was teccure ,they took 300.00 from my acct. and did nothing!After calling them over and over I finally found out the co. is a scam!They took my money and now they are gone!After years of being with verizon I trusted them! Why would they send me to a scam co.??I filed fraud papers against the co and I hope verizon can help also because it is your fault I dealt with that co.!I wouldn't have a clue as to how to find a co. for hacking!I am calling my attorney also because my nerves are shot, strss level is high and I'm broke! hope you can help me    ty Judy Lewis

0 Likes
Re: scam
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to Verizon's customers here.  If you want to talk to Verizon, click here: Contact Us.

Unfortunately, it looks like you fell into one of the many methods scammers use to steal money. Scammers have figured out how they can get bogus phone numbers to turn up in search results.  When you use those numbers, you end up calling the scamers instead of the company you really want.  I'm guessing that you used a search engine to look up Verizon's support phone number.  If you didn't call 1-800-VERIZON this is most likely what happened.

Verizon will never, ever ask you to pay money to fix a computer virus problem.  They simply do not do that.

If you google "telephone tech support scams" you can learn a lot about how the scammes operate.

If I were you, I would immediately cancel the credit card used to pay the scammers and report it to your bank.

You should also find a local computer expert to help you remove any software the scammers installed on your computer.  A complete system wipe may be the best course of action.

Good Luck