who's in charge anyway?
Patty106

i had verizon service for about 20 years and never had one problem.  When I got off the phone with a customer representative I was always asked did we treat you like a valued customer and I would whole heartedly respond yes.  About five years ago i started having a huge problem.  Although I was making payments they were never credited to my account.  The money was going to a different accuont. I must have spent at least 50 hours trying to resolve the problem  Despite talking to multiple people who assured me the problem was solved my service would get turned off due to non payment.  I remember sitting in mcdonald's parking lot in the dark to use their internet service to contact Verizon to get my services turned back on.  Multiple times my calls were dropped and my call was forwarded to the wrong department.  After having my service turne off for about 5 months running I asked for a manager.........and was basically told everytime that there was no manager.  Finally I looked on line for the address for Verizon and wrote a letter.  I got a one line response giving me the same number that I always called. Finally in frustration I transferred my service to Comcast. I have been with comcast for approximately two years.  Although I have been happy with the customer service I decided I didn't like the price. 

So anyway I signed up on line for Verizon  internet and phone.  The day came when my service was supposed to be turned on and nothing.  I called and was put through to three different departments even though I chose technical support.  Finally I got a lady who  i could not understand and evidently she didn't understand me.  Three times I told her nothing was working including my phone service.  At least an hour later she asked for my home phone number and  I let her know again  that it is not working.  She went on a tirade about how I should have let her know sooner.   I sighed.  She then yelled at me indicating that i was not the only one who was inconvienced I had basically wasted her time...Really? Isn't she getting paid to work with me.

Anyway I was told that someone would be out to turn on my service by 9:00 PM.  I got a text message about a service ticket.  I tried to access the ticket.  On my phone when I tried to access the  message that I got the messaged that I did not have the privledges to access the ticket.  I went on line to find the ticket and I got the message that there was no ticket.  I called Verizon.  I was told that snice my service was due to be turned on 12/31/2015 that really meant it would be turned on in the wee hours of  January 1st.  (which makes no sense) but I only responded okay not having much faith that it would be turned on.  It Is now 2:30 Pm on the 1st and it has not been turned on.

Frankly I am scared that my decision to go back to Verizon might have been a huge mistake.  I would call and complian but I don't think there is nobody in charge to complain to and besides I would hate to waste someone else's time!

So I am just venting and praying to the Verizon gods to  please be kind to me and fix this problem.

0 Likes
Re: who's in charge anyway?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes