yard work new services
tbluhp

I am ordering new services on Tuesday (that's when they will be coming) it's for Fios 25/25 internet and Fios TV. What kind of yard work will be needed? This is for a new instal never had Fios before but my neighbor has fios. Also if yard work is needed dose the tech clean up the yard to how it was was before they even arrive?

0 Likes
Re: yard work new services
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on the type of installation and if the FiOS runs are underground or overhead in your neighborhood.

In my neighborhood, we are all underground for utilities.

First all the various utilities shows up due to the one-call notification about a dig and painted their colorful lines on my grass and that of my neighbors showing where any existing underground cables were run.  This grows out and disappears after a mowing or two.

Then, they came in with a slit-trencher that basically digs a narow trench about 2 inches wide and inserts the fiber optic cable at a depth of around 6-12" before covering it over again.   They bring in a different machine to go under driveways or other areas that are paved over if they can't get to where they need to go without going under them.  

When they were done, they had replaced any mulch they had disturbed and seeded the slit they made leaving only a  narrow line of disturbed lawn where they laid the cable -- it grew over with grass in about 2-3 weeks. There were a few matted spots of lawn where the heavy machinery was sitting, but that bounced back after a good rain and some sunshine.

I wouldn't say there was any "mess" I had to deal with.