1-800-VERIZON is useless!
jbeave12

I ordered high speed DSL on April 19, and I'm irate!

I called 1-800-VERIZON on Wednesday, April 25, one week after placing my order to confirm the status of the modem that was being shipped.  I was told that the order had been processed and the modem was shipped.

I called 1-800-VERIZON on Friday, April 27, two days later inquiring the same thing.  I was told the order had been processed and that the modem was shipped.

Meanwhile, on verizon.com/whatsnext, my order status shows a May 3, 2012, activation date and no tracking details on my modem.

I called 1-800-VERIZON on Wednesday, May 2, to inquire about my modem.  The representative I spoke to informed me that there was a problem with my order on VERIZON's end.  The problem was not explained, and no timetable was given for its resolution.  I was not given any direct number to call the people responsible for fixing the problem, or the people responsible for shipping the modem.

So here I am, May 3, on the "activation day" for my High speed DSL service I ordered two weeks ago.  Today, I called 1-800-VERIZON and was informed that the order processing hasn't even gotten into the stage where the modem is to be shipped out.  A problem still existed with the order, and had not been resolved.

So here I wait.  For another 1-800-VERIZON representative to "update" me about a problem that occurred on April 26, 2012, according to the representative I spoke with today.  Here I wait, having wasted my time calling 1-800-VERIZON inquiring about the status of my order, of which a problem exists that should have been recognized when I called the second time!

I've asked to speak to supervisors. I've asked to speak with those "fixing" my problem.  I have gotten nowhere.  I was even promised by a {edited for privacy} from Technical Support located in the Phillipines {edited for privacy} that I would receive my modem today by 5 PM, which was an obvious lie.

Why do customer support numbers exist, when it takes a Herculean effort on MY part to get ANY information about the status of my order.  I should not have to be on the phone with 1-800-VERIZON for hours at a time while each representative I talk to "checks" the status of my order and redirects me to someone else who has to "check" the status of my order.  This is getting absurd.

So here I wait, pessimistic about the likelihood that I'll actually receive any sort of useful help from a VERIZON representative, or if I'll ever receive a returned call.  At this point, I'm beginning to question if I'll ever get service at all.

VERIZON should ensure that their customer representatives have the ability to solve problems, and not waste their customers time!

0 Likes