192.168.1.1 login problem
ecECHOho

Hello ll, My nme is matthew, having a hard time with my login at 192.168.1.1.. at first i logged in when i got my service and changed the name and password of my SSID, wanted to change it again so i tried logging n to 192.168.1.1 and to no avail my username and password weren't recorded so i went off of what i thought it was and now im locked out for too many attempts... I reset the router back to factory settings username should be admin and password that 8 letter and symbol, i tried that and same thing went wrong said it was a failed attempt.. So now i have no idea what i can/should do to rectify the situation.. suggestions please....       THANKS in advance.. 

0 Likes
Re: 192.168.1.1 login problem
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

If you truly reset it to factory defaults, the password should be set to the one printed on the router's label.  Case matters.  WiFi and router passwords are different, be sure you pick the right one.

Note that when you enter the password, the router will echo a variable number of dots per character.  This is a "security feature" and you should ignore it.

If this doesn't help, there are lots of threads about router login here.  A search for "password" or similar should yield some helpful results.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ecECHOho

thanks, letter sensitivity  is no problem I write them in notepad correctly then copy and paste them into the correct fields, so that's not the problem, the problem is having to wait 6 hours and then have this happening all again cuz of failed attempts..

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Now that you reset the router the password is either password, the serial number or router password from the sticker on the router. It is case sensitive.

0 Likes
ecECHOho

see now i tried ADMIN not in caps and the three passwords you mentioned and still a no go....asking myself WHY did i get FIOS..!!!!!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ecECHOho wrote:

thanks, letter sensitivity  is no problem I write them in notepad correctly then copy and paste them into the correct fields, so that's not the problem, the problem is having to wait 6 hours and then have this happening all again cuz of failed attempts..

Don't "copy and paste".  You must type the password.  It's part of the "security" used on the router.  Yes, it's a big pain

Good Luck