3 mb plan only receives 1.2 mb
swsweet88
My 3 Mb plan only receives 1.2 Mb. I was told many things by repair men and technical support. For the first 90 days I clocked in a speed of 2.7 Mb but now can only get 1.2 Mb. Tech says that's all the are required to give me. Repair says optimizers give data to people that use it the most. So your rewarded for being a data Hog! Has Verizon ever thought of rewarding those who conserve? Verizon has throttled me down to the minimum speed they are required to give because I don't waste data. That's fair! You can test this by leaving something streaming all the time. Your speed gets better.
0 Likes
Re: 3 mb plan only receives 1.2 mb
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The optimizer being described has nothing to do with data speed, but has to do with the line quality. If the optimizer believes your circuit will not be stable at 3Mbps, it will decrease your speed. Ask Verizon to disable the ASSIA Optimizer and reprovision your circuit to 3Mbps with a change speed order (no cost to you - this is how their provisioning system works).

If you can tell us what modem and router you have, let's see if we can get your Transceiver Statistics. This information will help us find out if your line is having stability issues, or if you have headroom for more than 3Mbps. This doesn't mean you'll get more than 3M, but it's a start.

0 Likes
swsweet88
Thanks for the prompt response. I will ask Verizon about disabling the optimizers and the reprovision. As for modem info, I have D-Link DSL-2750B. The headroom you mentioned allows 2.85 to the best of my knowledge. That info was given to me by a repairman though. As for stability issues, that used to be a problem when my speed was 2.7. But at least I had speed. I am a cord cutter (cable) that will soon be forced to return to dish network because of poor internet service. Another option I am exploring is NANO Stations to bridge cable internet up to my house. $250 investment.
0 Likes
swsweet88
UPDATE: Verizon says there is no optimizer on my line... Dead end again... Guess I'll pursue cable with NANO stations
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're looking to get Cable Internet to your home, see if your local town has a clause in the Franchise agreement which might make the job of extending plant to you cheaper or free. Otherwise, you'll need to set up a Weather proofed enclosure and use some Ubiquiti Gear (a suggestion for P2P Wireless) or some other outdoor rated cable to send the connection to your house.

If you wnat to continue giving the DSL a try, post up on the Verizon Direct forum at DSLReports. Standard support may not be trained to deal with the optimizer.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes