327W wireless not working
Midnight412

I have a 327W that is having difficulty with wireless. I configured it for wireless, applied the changes, and wireless worked fine. My laptop and my wife's laptop both connected. The next day, neither laptop would connect. I could see the signal excellent strength, but the connection would not complete.

I checked the 327 via wired connection, and all the settings were the same. Re-verified laptops matched the settings and no connection. Re-booted a laptop and it won't connect. Checked all settings, everything matches. Turned off wireless, applied, re-enabled wireless then laptops connect again but will not reconnect again without resetting the wireless settings in the 327W.

I have tired this with and without WEP security enabled. Each way I get the same results. Initially, the laptops can connect, but if the connection is lost (reboot, leave area, etc) they ill not reconnect. The same laptop connects everyday with my work wireless with no issues in 2 years, so laptop is good.

Does my 327 have a hidden wireless lockout or something? Should I just get a new one?

0 Likes
Re: 327W wireless not working
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change the SSID (the name) of the network?

0 Likes
Midnight412

I did not change the SSID. The laptop still can see the wireless router with excellent signal strength. I can select the router and click connect, but the connection will not complete.

If WEP is off, the computer tries the connection for several seconds, then returns to the connection window without completing the connection.

If WEP is on, the computer asks me to verify the WEP pass key, which I then enter in. After that it does the same as above, finnaly returning to the conneciton window without completing the connection.

Somthing else I just remembered too. Even when connected to the 327 with cable, I cannot send Email via Outlook (cannot find mail server), although all other internet functions work fine, including receiving email.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Midnight412 wrote:

I did not change the SSID. The laptop still can see the wireless router with excellent signal strength. I can select the router and click connect, but the connection will not complete.

If WEP is off, the computer tries the connection for several seconds, then returns to the connection window without completing the connection.

If WEP is on, the computer asks me to verify the WEP pass key, which I then enter in. After that it does the same as above, finnaly returning to the conneciton window without completing the connection.

Ok, I think I know what is going on and what to do.

#1 It sound to me that you are connecting to a another wireless network that has the same SSID.

#2 Your directions are to

a) have a computer connected by a wired connection and go into the router change the SSID.

For example if the default SSID is Linksys, you could change it to Linksys1.

b) And connect to that SSID (the one that you changed it to) using wireless.

#3 If you need any help with changing the SSID (once you have a wired connection and you are logged into the router), please post..

#4 If this does not fix/resolve the issue, we can continue to trouble shoot to see what is wrong...

^^

0 Likes