423 Locked??? (Personal Web Space)
maiki1

I believe I wrote about this issue here about a week ago, but now the post cannot be found? Do the moderators here delete messages that they do not like?

Why, when I try to access pages now from my personal web space, do I only get "423 locked"  error messages?

For instance--{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: 423 Locked??? (Personal Web Space)
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please check your Private Message Inbox.; It should look like this --

0 Likes
maiki1

I just looked at the private message. It says nothing about the question I asked here, why for over a week I get that 423 locked error message on trying to access any pages on my pws?

I would like to know why--in the original post I wrote to this thread, why the link I gave to a pws page of mine was edited out, with the words "edited for privacy".?

Whose privacy are we talking about? If I wish to keep a web page of mine private, I would not post a link to it in a forum. The fact that I post it, means that it is not private.

And in fact, when one clicks there, one cannot see my page anyhow, but that 423 locked error message page, to illustrate what I  wrote about here. So once again--whose privacy were you protecting with that edit? Verizon's?

The private message said that another messaeg I had posted today, complaining about the totally outrageous action that Verizon took in ending FTP support for its PWS pages (without any alternative means of uploading web pages) (suddenly rendering many thousands of web pages, some with an important educational function, totally un-updateable), was deleted for "administrative review". 

In other words, due to being critical of Verizon's policies, my post (which contained no offensive language nor anything objectionable, other than to a company that cannot handle criticism) was CENSORED.

I think that also happened to another recent post of mine, completely disappeared.

How long will this one last? I don't know. For those reading it, if you think you might want to re-read it, respond to it, etc., I would suggest that you copy it to your clipboard and save it somehow immediately, as it might not show next time you look here.

Verizon, wouldn't it be wiser to show some respect for your customers, and rather than acting like the government of China and censoring any expression you don't like, that you seriously listen to customer criticism and try to improve? (In the case of the subject of the post that you deleted today, wouldn't it make sense to listen to the serious complaints that you have received from thousands of customers, and reinstate FTP access, or some other way of uploading files?)

Does it also occur to you, Verizon, that if criticism of your company is not allowed on this board, if perfectly valid posts are censored, then the criticism of Verizon elsewwhere on the net will only increase exponentially!

For, if Verizon does not start treating customers with respect, it might just wake up one day to find out that all of its DSL and FIOS customers have cancelled their Verizon DSL and FIOS service and switched to cable internet.

Please reinstate that deleted post immediately, do not delete this one, answer the question in this post about 423 locked, and answer whose privacy was protected by your edit of the OP to this thread. And please reinstate FTP or an alternative immediately!

Thank you.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Someone with the proper permission to the server your PWS is on will most likely need to check out the files you're having issues with. Error 423 is what happens when files are left "Open" by another program or are in the process of saving yet the system is still waiting for data. This will require server administrator rights to fix, nothing you can fix on your end.

0 Likes
cadslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Live" Chat seems now to be performed solely by  silicone based life-forms

0 Likes