Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
mkl24601
0 Kudos

6100F "Edit User Settings" page Looping

I received a replacement Verizon DSL modem a few months ago (Westell 6100F), but had never tried to log into it until today. I used the default username/password and was able to log in, and was sent to the "Edit User Settings" page. Here, I typed in my desired username and password (twice) and hit OK. I was asked to verify I wanted to change the user settings, and I hit OK. Then, the Edit User Settings page came back up! It seems that no matter what I do, it always loops back to this page, as if it's not accepting or saving the administrator changes I've made.

Ideas? Suggestions?

~ Michael

Silver Contributor I
Bob_Robertson
Device: Metro PCS
Plan: ATT
0 Kudos

Re: 6100F "Edit User Settings" page Looping

Reboot/reset the modem/router...

Reboot your PC.....

You can clear the cookies, cache, etc from Internet Explorer, by going to "Tools" up at the top and then choosing "Internet options" from the list, and clicking the applicable buttons.... You may also want to reset the Internet Options to defaults, on the advanced tab...

Try another browser...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Contributor
mkl24601
0 Kudos

Bob, thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I have tried all of the suggestions you mentioned.  This forum is my last resort before calling tech support.  I have rebooted the modem, I have rebooted the computer (I'm on a Mac, not a PC), I did a hard reset to the modem, I cleared cache & cookies from the browser, and still no luck. 

A Google search shows others have experienced this problem, but unfortunately, I have yet to find an answer.

Another note, a friend of mine with the same modem, same internal network setup, and same machine (and browser) as me does not experience this issue.  That would say to me there is an issue with the software in the modem.  Thoughts?  Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

~ Michael

Contributor
mkl24601
0 Kudos

Ok, I had a thought to take my router out of the equation and connect the computer to modem directly.  For some reason, this corrected the issue and I was able to change the user settings, and now admin my modem.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else who might experience this problem.

Thanks, all!

~ Michael

Silver Contributor I
Bob_Robertson
Device: Metro PCS
Plan: ATT
0 Kudos

ahhh, did not realize there wa a router in the mix... that certainly explains it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411