7 years of slow or intermittent high speed service with no permanent solution.
JMichael2

We live in a rural area in Southern California in a home that was built 7 years ago. There are approxmately 400 homes within a 10 mile radius. Our only option for land line and DSL service is Verizon. There is no Verizon wireless, Fios or other options. In the last 3 years we have had 43 service calls with no permanent improvements. The actual wireing coming to our property is 24-27 years old. The service calls are usually associated with wet or cold weather. The slow speeds are affecting  the majority of the homes in our area. The service techs do what they can but in their own words, the lines need to be replaced. When we fist moved here we were told FIOS was "on the way". They stopped putting it in about 2 miles away. 

I spend hours every few months making service apointments and trying to get an answer on when the problem will be fixed. I have asked numerous times for a regional supervisor to call me to discuss these issues. I have yet to receive any feedback. My upload speeds range from .800 to 1.4 and my download speed is usually below .300. I recently completed an MBA program on-line that I had to take tests at a Starbucks 8 miles away because my DSL at home was so weak.

The frustrating part is that Verizon has spent thousands of dollars on service calls putting bandaids on the lines rather than replacing them. I just wish someone at Verizon would take ownership of this problem and fix it.

I would really be surprised if someone at Verizon reads this and contacts me.

J Michael

0 Likes
Re: 7 years of slow or intermittent high speed service with no permanent solution.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: 7 years of slow or intermittent high speed service with no permanent solution.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing out this private support case. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to create a new thread and we will be more than happ to assist you. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes