863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15
jsm180
Enthusiast - Level 2

My download speed is now 1.2mb/sec. The network shutdown on 3/9 for 12 hours and again on 3/13 for 5 hours. Before the shutdowns my download speeds were consistant 2.8mb/sec and upload .49mb/sec. Upload speeds have not changed only download speed. My service is for 3.0mb/sec. Is this a temporary glitch? I have contacted verizon by phone and been told the issue is on their end but that's as far as I can get. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15
jsm180
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update, I was contacted by Verizon through PM and after a couple days spoke to a tech that was very helpful and US based. He scheduled a service call the next day, found a fault in the wire between the house and post, had it back to normal in under an hour. 

I also replaced the aging Westell 6100 modem with a Actiontec 784, it wasn't quite plug n play and required another call to Verizon to sort out but all is well now.

View solution in original post

Re: 863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15
jsm180
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update, I was contacted by Verizon through PM and after a couple days spoke to a tech that was very helpful and US based. He scheduled a service call the next day, found a fault in the wire between the house and post, had it back to normal in under an hour. 

I also replaced the aging Westell 6100 modem with a Actiontec 784, it wasn't quite plug n play and required another call to Verizon to sort out but all is well now.