Absolute garbage internet
sanwing
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've had problems before where the internet will go down for hours on end and I can do absolutely nothing to fix it. These events, however, are generally far and between. This week, I've had this happen TWICE. The internet is down for HOURS, and absolutely nothing I try ever brings it back up. Now, I come to find that I'm lucky if a webpage will even load before timing out. Who here wants to bet how long it took me to actually get to this page, let alone how many attempts I had to make just to post this? It's the Houston area internet. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this mediocre service because the only other company in my area is Comcast. Verizon, so far, has been below subpar, but at least they don't tell me I can't use peer2peer or how to use my internet access. (Something tells me that if they wanted to they could barely organize themselves enough to do so.) Yes, I tried the phone service. However, you wouldn't let me talk to a real person. Instead, I was stuck with a robot that tried to get me to go through this song and dance, going through all the usual tech routines I did already. A speed test was performed to see if there were any problems on their end. Surprise! 5 minutes wasted and you can't even tell me if there's something wrong with you. So, I can BARELY get onto the website because everything times out before the internet goes out, and the phone service is completely pointless, not letting me just talk to a real human being. I am very positive that my settings didn't suddenly change in the middle of me surfing the internet to cause my ping to spike to a 500 average. What the hell are you people doing in Houston?
Re: Absolute garbage internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you see when you visit http://192.168.1.1/ ? Are you able to go to System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then Transceiver Statistics and can provide that information?

If you need a login, try:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

If you cannot log into the modem, at least tell us what the reported speed is on the modem's main page at http://192.168.1.1/

0 Likes