ActionTec GT701D DSL Modem; DSL username and password
NealJ1

I am about to try to install the above modem and an Apple AirPort Extreme Wifi router.  The modem says I will need my DSL username and password, but when I telephoned Verizon support the rep said I could make up any number and password.

I don't think he is correct.  Where do I go to find my DSL username and password?  It has been so long since I installed the current modem and wifi router that I have forgotten what the related username and password may be.

Can I get a little help from the community?

0 Likes
Re: ActionTec GT701D DSL Modem; DSL username and password
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DSL modem username and password can be the following below, but to be sure, are you looking for the PPPoE username and password? That's something different and is what actually connects up your DSL connection so that you can get connected to the Internet.

Modem Logins: 

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

admin/verizon1

As for the PPPoE login, this is the Username and password which was created, or is otherwise known as the master password to your Verizon account. This is typically the master account that you use to log into MyVerizon. Otherwise, the Verizon agent is likely correct. In my area you CAN punch in any username and password, or for that matter leave that info blank and you'll get a connection.

0 Likes