Actiontec GT 784 DSL Modem problems /concerns
ALLstarGUY2

Verizon provided me with another modem for my high speed internet (DSL) service.   This the thrid modem I have been provided since I started service with Verizon a few years ago.   Once again, they neglected to provide the user manual for my modem (Actiontec GT 784 WNV).  I cannot locate the user manual anywhere online either!!   Not on My Verizon...and not on the Actiontec site.  

My home network is very complex, and I need the user manual to help navigate through the advanced set-up of the modem/router.  

Can anybody please tell me where I can find a User manual for thius device?      Is it available for download anywhere?

THE USER INTERFACE FOR THIS DEVICE IS TERRIBLE!!!!!   The previous modems I was provided (Westell and Actiontec) had very user friendly "RED and BLACK" interfaces that came installed with the Verizon firmware.  The Actiiontec user interface is pre-historic.   There is no ability to add or modify information about the connected devices.  Apparently, the Actiontec programmers expect every body to memorize the IP address of their different devices!

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec GT 784 DSL Modem problems /concerns
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 I don't know either. #2 Based upon the sample screen shot that I see at http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Actiontec/GT784WNV/Services_Blocking.htm I have an idea. #3 In the router go to Advanced. #4 In there, there should be something called DHCP Reservation. #5 Go there and in there, there should be a way to do what you want to do.
0 Likes