• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
Device: Actiontec GT704WG
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Actiontec GT704WG Password

I just recently got the Actiontec GT704WG Modem/Router Combo from Verizon when I go to 192.168.1.1 to edit my routers settings it says I need a password to login, so I put in username Admin, password Admin, it says it's wrong... :smileyindifferent: So I go look under Verizon support and find this it says there is no pass and only the username is Admin, alright I go and try that it doesn't work either so then I reset my modem/router and try again it does nothing... :smileymad: Yes I'm doing everything it tells me to typing it in all lower case letters etc...

What do I do?

Nickel Contributor
larryw9999
Device: Moto Q 9C
0 Kudos

Re: Actiontec GT704WG Password

Try "admin" "password" instead of "admin" blank.

Larry
Verizon Telecom
Vz Voice Portals & Connection Wizard

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I tried this also, and many other things, Verizon, Actiontec etc... But still get the 401 Unauthorized error :smileysad:
Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Try Admin and password1. Pasword1 is the password that has been used on the actiontec for FIOS. I know it's not FIOS but worth a shot.

Larry is correct. The manual states,

Note: The default user name is “admin.” The default password is

“password.”

But When I had DSL long time ago the user name and password was changed to my account name and password. You might try that. Or a reset to factory default and then what the manual says.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-03-2009 01:44 PM
Contributor
0 Kudos

:smileysurprised: Larry was right, I read his post wrong sorry! I thought he meant to put the password as Admin, but the router's password was password, thank-you! I didn't get a manual with the router so I didn't know that
Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

Sanders wrote:
:smileysurprised: Larry was right, I read his post wrong sorry! I thought he meant to put the password as Admin, but the router's password was password, thank-you! I didn't get a manual with the router so I didn't know that

Glad to hear you have it working. Here is a link to the manual if you do not have one.

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/ActiontecGT704WGUser.pdf

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools