Actiontec GT704WGB IP Address Problems
-20-

Hi i was wondering if anyone has heard of or know if the actiontec  has issues with holding the ip address on the ports of the router portion. i have a print server hooked up to an hp all in one printer and everytime i go to print it wont only because the ip address constantly is changing the address of the ports. One day the port address will be 64 then today it's 76. have you heard of this or know anyone that has. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec GT704WGB IP Address Problems
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution

#2 What is the current DHCP Range?

0 Likes
-20-

The last number on the ip address range is from 64 to 254. I also have a westall 7500 modem here that they had sent me i think i am going to try that. i dont know. i am so confused. i am usually pretty good with networking but since this is the first time it has done it i am stumped. All the other networks i have done at my other two houses worked great no probs.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok, this is what you need to do.

#1 Go get the manual for the print server, as need be.

#2 Setup the IP Address of the print server to a Static IP that is above 1 but below 64.

Such as 192.168.1.6

--

If you need help with this, it would help to know the brand and model of your print server is...

^^

0 Likes
Mikhail
Enthusiast - Level 3

Or you can set up lease time to a higher value. By default it's 1440 minutes -- 24 hours. So if your printer is not used once a day, it go into sleep mode and looses an IP, so it had to renew IP. If you set it 10 days (14400 minutes) then your printer should be able to keep IP address for 10 days. Downside is obvious -- if you have many devices attached to your network then a lot of devices then you can overfill DHCP table.