Re: Activation of DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You sometimes need to restart your browser after disabling the walled garden. As long as the modem is connected it should be able to get web pages. If your connection is working fine now after my last instructions, we're all set and nothing else should need to be checked.

If it is not, read on.

To check the PPPoE configuration, check this document out. It's for setting up the modem from scratch but it can be adapted to double checking the settings.

Scratch the above, it seems I cannot find the document anymore for manually configuring the modem. It was pretty old though but still relevant! I'll try my best from memory to describe how to verify/set up the modem.

Anyways, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and log into the modem once again when prompted. From this poing click on "My Network" at the top of the page and then click on "Network connections" on the left side of the page. In the list of Network Connections, find "DSL Connection" and press the Yellow Edit button alongside the connection name.

In the DSL connection settings, let's first take a look at a few settings. At the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of "VCs" and there should be one entry labeled "0/35." Click the edit button to the right of that entry and in the settings page, VPI should be 0, VCI should be 35. The protocol must be set to PPPoE if you are in any area besides California or another western state (basically, anything in the Northeast or East coast uses PPPoE) or "Routed Bridge" if you are in California. Don't change any other settings, and then press Save if you made any changes. If you did not make any changes, click the Back Button

Next, at the top of the page you'll see something that says "newdsl" or "My Connection" as the name of it under Connections. Click the Edit button next to the connection listed. Under the edit page, if the user "newdsl" is filled in, erase the username and password and fill in your Verizon username and password that you use for logging into Verizon properties such as MyVerizon. Do not fill in your full e-mail address. Ex: Smith6612 would be a username. No other connection setting needs to be changed. Click Save when finished or if you did not change anything, click the Back Button.

Now, if the modem hasn't already tried to auto-connect, if it isn't already connected press the Blue Connect button next to your connection at the top of the page. If it connects successfully, it should say connected. From this point, make sure the walled garden is disabled once again and you should have Internet.

If you are still having issues, let us know.

0 Likes
earthprime

Good day. The DSL connection settings were fine. The user "newdsl" was filled in so I changed the settings to mine & saved. All done. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome. Glad to hear it's all fixed up! Helps when that old information of setting up DSL connections is still relevant 🙂

0 Likes