Awful Customer Service Experience - How to file complaint with company?
zrmccarthy89
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I want to do is switch the account name holder from a previous tenant who no longer lives in our house, or in the area, to my name. I've done this through a variety of other companies, never taking more then a painless 5 minute phone call.

The old tenant has called at least 3 times, along with trying online reps, with little progress. He finally was told that everything was ready to switch over, and I just needed to call with the issue number that he passed off to me.

The rep I talked to acted like I was a complete idiot and extremely condescending, speaking to me like I was 5 years old, and not a customer paying close to $200 a month for this embarassing service. He repeatedly refused my request to speak to a supervisor, telling me "I'm not going to transfer you". He finally did, saying very sarcasticlly that he didn't know how long this would take, and left me on hold for 30+ minutes. The supervisor gave me the same speech, and happily set me up with a number to cancel all services without any attempt at figuring out the situation. 

They informed me the account holder would need to call back AGAIN, with me on the phone (somehow, since he's not in the area) at the same time, get an order #, give me the order #, have me call back again, and then pay $70 in "activation fees". 

Not sure what is being activated, since literally nothing about our service is being changed except for the name on the bill. As many shortcomings Comcast has, I know for a fact that there are no bogus fees to simply switch an account name. We have now put hours into what should be a very straightforward and painless task, and I am about ready to call it quits.

Is there an email or number to call to formally file a complaint? I've never dealt with worse, ruder and less knowledgeable reps then through this company. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Awful Customer Service Experience - How to file complaint with company?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello zrmccarthy89 , As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zrmccarthy89,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you we have closed out your private support case. Please let us know if you have additional questions in the future by posting on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello zrmccarthy89 , As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
robertab92

I have had the same awful customer service experience and would not recommend anyone sign a contract with verizon. I have been trying to switch the name on my account because I am moving, but my house mates want to continue the contract. I was told when I signed the contract originally that it would be no problem with no fees to switch the account holder. I also called last week to check if this was possible and the agent on my phone told me there would be no fees and that it would be no problem. Then, I called on 12/7/14 with my house mate to process the request, and they told me it would be $220 to process the account holder change. I told this agent that I had called the day before and the woman had told me there would be no charge, but then after I was on the phone for 90 minutes the agent insisted there was a charge. I would not recommend anyone sign onto a veriizon fios contract due to their incredibly poor customer service.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello robertab92

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
robertab92

Hello Elizabeth, I have not heard from anyone. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi robertab92,

Your issue has been received by the correct department and you will receive a response.

0 Likes
robertab92

still no response from verizon regarding this issue. terrible customer service continues. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A reply from the Ecenter can take up to 48 hours.

0 Likes