Backing up a Verizon personal website
MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon personal website automatically saves whatever you input.   But in case my info is ever lost, is there an easy way to backup all the data?  I phoned the "Backup & Sharing" department of Verizon, and they said their system cannot be used to backup a Verizon personal website.  I know that Carbonite offers the capability, but I'd like to continue using Verizon's Backup & Sharing. 

Once I get my website like I want it, it will be static (no updates).  I have 30-some pages on my website (all text/ no graphics).  Perhaps there's an easy way to backup everything using a flashdrive or a CD (and not having to backup each individual page)?  Does anyone have experience with this on a Verizon personal website?

I use Windows-7

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backing up a Verizon personal website
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are using Windows, probably the easiest way to back it up is to open My Computer and type in the bar at the top ftp://mysite.verizon.net   - you will be prompted to log in with your username and password. Then it should open your site directory exactly the same as a Windows folder. Select your files and copy-paste them wherever you want them to go, just like any other folder.

🙂

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once your site is published and the way you like it, simply use an FTP client to connect to ftp://ftpmysite.verizon.net using the same Username and Password you use to log into Site Builder, and download the contents onto your hard drive. From there, you're free to save a backup of the content to a medium of your choice, including the Verizon Backup Service as a part of your documents.

MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.   Can you elaborate a little on "using an FTP client"?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are using Windows, probably the easiest way to back it up is to open My Computer and type in the bar at the top ftp://mysite.verizon.net   - you will be prompted to log in with your username and password. Then it should open your site directory exactly the same as a Windows folder. Select your files and copy-paste them wherever you want them to go, just like any other folder.

🙂