Beyond Fed Up w/ Internet
gdalemoore

I'm going to give this a shot in order to exhaust all available resource before switching my service to Comcast.

For the past six months or so, I've been experience extremely frequent disconnects with my service (lately I've been getting disconnected every 30 minutes or so). I've called half a dozen times and on each time, I've heard different reasons as to why my modem is picking up static (even though I've had this service for two years which is indicative to the line at one point being fine). Additionally, a technician came out to my house less than a month ago and said that the line is good and recommended that I receive a new modem router combo (although the details of acquiring a new modem/router from Verizon have never been given to me and I've called twice now attempting to ask for one and they put me through the "Is the modem plugged in" test and never answer my question).

The last time I called (yesterday), the "maintenance team" suggested that I downgrade my speed in order to stabalize the signal, but after being on hold for 45 minutes, my phone died and any attempt to call back had me going through the same routine again (Is your modem plugged in? What lights are blinking?) and then when I tried to explain to them that the maintenance team suggested that I downgrade my speed in order to solve my frequent disconnects, the customer service representative interpretted it as "I want to downgrade my speed and the billing department is closed."

@verizon - Can ANYONE out there help me? I had the modem plugged in directly to the wall, all wires and everything are setup. I'm a computer programmer of 10 years so I know my way around a system. This isn't something with my internal setup; I'm sure of it.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes