CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET USING DSL
ASAGER

I have a Westell 6100 modem connected to a NetGear wireless router that has been working well for over 6 months.  Then one day I cannot connect to the internet on my home computer, my laptop works using wireless.  Using Windows XP I ran a diagnostics.

Gateway Diagnostics results:  "There is no gateway entry"

IP Config Diagnostics results: "Valid IP address detected"

Errors after WinSock status checks:  1.  "Provider entry RSVP UDP Service provider could not perform simple loopback communication"  2.  "Provide entry RSVP TCP Service provider could not perform simple loopback communication."

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic Results:  Attempted connecting to 6 different internet sites with the following warning:  "Error code 12007 connecting to xxx.xxxxxx.com The server name or address could not be resolved."  3 Errors stating that HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP connection could not be made.

0 Likes
Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET USING DSL
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#! Am I reading what you say, correctly :

Your wireless laptop connects to the net but your other computer can not?

#2 If so: I can tell you what to check in the router, if I know what the model of that Netgear is...

0 Likes
ntzone11

second home computer had power supply failure.after repair does not connect to internet.says "password" required for access. all my passwords for account do not work.wireless through westell 327w

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ntzone1 wrote:

second home computer had power supply failure.after repair does not connect to internet.says "password" required for access. all my passwords for account do not work.wireless through westell 327w

Delete the remebered Wireless network from that computer (Preferred Network List), and from there, reconnect to the Westell 327w via normal means. The security key for the wireless can be found by logging into http://192.168.1.1/ on a functioning computer (perhaps hardwired) and viewing the Wireless Settings. Default logins for the Westells are often admin/admin .

Also, verify that the PC is using DHCP to try and get an IP Address and DNS information. The IP address test probably passed because the machine was holding a self assigned IP address, otherwise known as a 169.254.***.*** address.

0 Likes