Can't log in to my Westell 327W router
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to http://192.168.1.1, the URL automatically goes to this page--  http://192.168.1.1/edit_user_settings.htm  -- and I get a screen that says "User Settings".

This page offers me the opportunity to change my USER SETTINGS.  There is a box that's shaded that says the full name of the user is Administrator; then I have 3 boxes to fill in:  User Name, password, and re-enter password.

When I enter mynew user name and password and clikc on APPLY, a box pops up asking "Are you sure you want to change the User Name and Password?"

When I click on OK, the screen clears and the same page (...edit_user_settings.htm) comes up. 

What do I have to do to get past this page so I can interrogate the router?
0 Likes
Re: Can't log in to my Westell 327W router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok, did you try entering in..

#1 The user name

#2 The password

#3 And where it says re-enter password, did you try entering the same password (as the last password field)?
0 Likes
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

the routIt turns out, the problem was that the router did not like the password I entered.  For the sake of simplicity (and because my wife and I are the only people using this router) the password I tried to enter was..."password".  The router clearly did not like that password, but did not tell me.  So I tried a different password and that worked.

But now I have a problem that arose when I tried to get further into the router pages.  I was able to get to this page:

http://192.168.1.1/wireless_status.htm

but when I click on the box on the left that says "advanced security settings", that brings up yet another (different ) box asking for my user name and password.  I've tried all the combinations and I cannot get past that box.  VERY annoying.

I'm wondering what the results would be if I pushed in the RESET button on the back of the modem.  Would that reset it to its original settings, of "admin" and "password: for the uname and pword, respectively?

0 Likes
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the typos in the above message.  Should begin "It turns out..."

On the box that comes up asking for Uname and Pword, I've tried entering admin as the user name, which is what I selected on the earlier screen.  And for Password, I've tried entering everything I can think of:  "password" (the default password that the router ships with), my new password, the router serial number, and the WEP.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yes, if you reset the router all settings go back to the defaults...
0 Likes
nycrdc
Contributor - Level 1

I've seen that most new routers require you to use numbers & letters in the username and/or password.

Try setting it up using

Login name: admin1

Password: password1

I hope this helps solve the problems you are having.

0 Likes