Cancelled service - getting bill
Radhika1

I was looking for just internet options at our new moving address and come across verizon. Verizon is not offering only internet options, so I was forced to take regional essentials to get internet connection. I said okay and I tried to place order online as shipping and activation fee were waived for online orders, but could not place one as verizon system could not locate the address. So, I called verizon and the rep told me to try chatting to get online order promo and I did that. The rep I got on chatting was nice and he told me sorry for the trouble with their address system and he placed order for me with free router and shipping and activations fees waived. I do have that chat session saved with me. 

When we moved, I connected DSL, but there was no telephone service. I received a call from verizon saying that they want to change the assigned telephone number as that belong to a business before and I said okay. She gave me new number and when I asked about connection, she told me to wait a while as I just connected it. I waited 2 days and there was no dial tone in telephone. I called verizon and the rep told me central line was disconnected and he could not do anything at that time and he scheduled a tech visit next day. No one showed up next day and I called verizon the following day. After the rep put me hold for more than an hour, he told me he didn't know what happened. So, I asked him to connect me to a supervisor or manager, and this guy told me as they changed my telephone number, there was some problem with order and because of that tech visit got cancelled. He told me that they will fix the issue and get back to me with in 24 hrs. Again I waited 2 days and didn't receive any call from verizon. I called them and asked them to cancel the service, this time they connect me from one dept to other (like from tech support to customer to retention) and every time I have to explain the whole thing to each rep I talked to. I bet I was on phone with them for nearly 2 hrs. They told me they scheduled a tech visit for the next day and begged me to give them one more chance. I said okay and finally next day tech showed up. He worked on the telephone wires for nearly an hrs and finally there was ringtone. Internet was real real slow and When I asked him about internet speed, he told me he was only responsible for telephone line, not for internet speed. So. Again I called verizon and the rep told me to wait for few hrs to get full speed I ordered. I waited for 8 hrs and still it is the slowest speed and lot of background noise when using the phone. That evening I finally decided to get rid of that and gave them a call. It was Friday evening after 8 PM and the cancellation dept was closed and I told the rep at customer service the whole thing and asked him to put a note about the cancellation on my account and he said he did. I called them on Monday morning and got that one disconnected even though they tried to offer me $40 credit if I stay with them. I asked that guy so many times about the bill, and he told me I will not be billed for anything as I didn't receive any service from verizon. I asked him to send an email saying I didn't owe them anything, he told me he didn't have that option. Finally I am glad I got over it. I received a return label and immediately I sent the DSL router back. 

After 3 wks or so, I received a bill from verizon. I called them they told me the bill was sustained and they could not do anything about it even after explaining the whole thing. I asked her to connect me to a manager and she put me on hold for 45 min before connecting to a manager. I explained this to him, he told me he can see that on my account, but  he could not do any changes as I disconnected my service. I told him everything I went through and insisted him to look into this issue, finally he told me he will get back to me in 72 hrs. I told him everytime I called up verizon, every rep I talked to told me they will get back to me and in fact I never heard anything from verizon. He promised me he will give me a call back. I didn't hear anything from them after 72 hrs. I decided to post the whole story here. 

This was the worst customer care I ever had come through. In the 10 days of verizon service I have (technically I didn't receive any service - I was with them for 10 days) I was on the phone with them for more than 10 hrs. The reps seem to not care about putting on long holds and didn't care to apologize for long holds. I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Re: Cancelled service - getting bill
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
louie13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I closed my account and equipment was recd by Verizon on 6/3/14. I have copy of billing for 7/22/14 and 8/22/14 showing zero balance due. My account was sent to a collection agency and when I go into my account now is shows I owed bill from 5/22/14 when I closed account effective 5/22/14.  How come I got copies of two invoice from July and August showing zero balance due and now it shows a difference?  Who is running this service?  I am not paying for this service not received and am now ready to file a formal complaint with FTC.  I really would like this issue to be settled peacefully but reading other complaints I don't see this happeening.  Would deeply appreciate help in this matter.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi louie13,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit Contact Us, or our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues, you should contact them during normal business hours.

0 Likes