Changed security on computer, now router is not recognizing computer
phop34

In an attempt to use a new NOOK, I changed the security on my computer from WEP to WPA2.  Now my router will not allow me to go on line because it still has the WEP setting.  How can I fix this problem without going on line at home???  HELP

0 Likes
Re: Changed security on computer, now router is not recognizing computer
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Barnes and Noble has performed a recent update on Nook tablets (readers) that is causing wireless connection issues to the BHR.  The following work around will enable the Nook to connect to the BHR until Barnes and Noble is able to issue a patch to resolve the issue. If you have any trouble doing the following, please send me a private message.

Step Actions
1  Go into the Nook wireless settings.
2  On the wireless settings page, tap the Wi-Fi button to change the status from ON to OFF.
3  Log into the Verizon Broadband Home Router (192.161.1.1) from a PC or MAC.

Click on the Advanced icon in the BHR GUI.

Image 15148

Click "Yes" to proceed.

Image 15149

Click on "IP Address Distribution"

Image 15150

Click on "Connection List".

Image 15151

Click on "New Static Connection".

Image 15152

Add a host name, assign an IP address between 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99 and add the Nook MAC Address which can be found in the Nook Settings.

Image 15153

Click "Apply"

10 Go back to the Nook wireless settings.  Tap the Wi-Fi button to turn the wireless status from OFF to ON.
11 Connect to the BHR SSID.
0 Likes
Re: Changed security on computer, now router is not recognizing computer
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@phop34 wrote:

In an attempt to use a new NOOK, I changed the security on my computer from WEP to WPA2.  Now my router will not allow me to go on line because it still has the WEP setting.  How can I fix this problem without going on line at home???  HELP

Based on what I *think* you said, just change the setting on your computer back to WEP. Then log into the router and change the setting there first.

0 Likes