Changing from Apple MacBook to Apple iMac
whatsdone2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am about to upgrade from a Macbook to an iMac and was wondering if the dsl connection is the same.  My modem is Westell 6100g with Ethernet cable.  Can I simply connect the modem to the new computer, or will I have to do something more?  I read else where about changing the "MAC address" on the new Mac but I don't know how.

Also, I will be giving the old Macbook to a friend who will also be getting Verizon DSL.  Will installing the Verizon software be a problem (in other words, will Verizon recognize my laptops' IP address?)?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing from Apple MacBook to Apple iMac
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just plug in the Ethernet connection and go. Nothing special should be needed and there is no need to install any software. The same should go with your friend's connection when he receives your MacBook, so the Verizon Software is considered optional.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just plug in the Ethernet connection and go. Nothing special should be needed and there is no need to install any software. The same should go with your friend's connection when he receives your MacBook, so the Verizon Software is considered optional.
whatsdone2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

0 Likes