Line ModeADSL_2plus
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)117411001
Margin (dB)5.510.3
Line Attenuation (dB)31.816.1
Transmit Power (dBm)18.810.9

allday long i get 1.4 and when 1:00 am comes around i get  0ver 9mb

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1672123154.png[/IMG][/URL]

Re: Check this out, Verizon has to be capping me
smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You sure this isn't just a case of congestion? It could be possible Verizon is slowing things down in order to maintain a level of service under high loads, but we all know that should never be needed if the capacity was there in the first place

When do the slow speeds start, and how fast do they begin to occur? Right away or gradually? There's been a trend lately of these sudden slowdowns to 1.5Mbps when there's a lack of latency to a connection, which is unusual. Might see if I can start knocking on some doors to see what the heck is going on.

smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

nope this is been going on for months, i call and fight with them every other day,and im starting to get fed up

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's some advice: Stop giving them a call. They won't do anything about it regardless of how many times you call. Just to save on that frustration and time spent arguing with them.  I'm currently looking into what I can get out of Verizon as far as why this is happening to others and everyone is just now starting to report it. I'll see what I can get.

For the meantime, if you can give me the information I asked for above, that would be great.

smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry bro,but it slows down all at once during the afternoon between 1:00 and 5:00 everyday 

edit:as of right now i got my speed back,im downloading  battlefield 3 Off origin,but my speed test says something different

smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Notice the data patch changed from earlier today,i wonder what thats about

Transceiver RevisionA2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code4D54
Line ModeADSL_2plus
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)11742931
Margin (dB)7.310.4
Line Attenuation (dB)30.016.1
Transmit Power (dBm)0.011.6
smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my updated speed test

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1672652224.png

djutmose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in PA and almost exact same thing is happening to me at same times... are you on a max 15mbps plan? I am.

I am getting 14.6 mbps right now (6:30 in morning, checking here before I leave for work)-- last night at 9 PM it ws down to 1 mbps on my connection:(

Something is going on ...

0 Likes
paulinejordan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not tech savy enough, to know if I am being capped, but I do know that two years ago, I could stream netflix no problem with low end DSL, and last night connection kept dropping. Only thing I could do was turn off modem and my sons say this has been going on for weeks. I just orderd comcast , and will cancel with verizon. I am sick of this terrrible service and forget calling customer service, I think simply Verizon does not care, and would just be very happy if everyone dropped DSL service. I am done with Verizon, I also plan on ending my cell phone with them also, I do not like giving my money to a company that just does not give a **bleep**.