Closed Account Sent to Collections!
kfrei

Hello - I moved house and became a new verizon customer (DSL and phone) starting in December 2014.  Due to issues with my service I decided to close my account in January/Feburary of 2015.  I spoke to a representative about my final bill and they said that this would arrive after I returned my equipment.  A box was sent for my router return but for some weird reason it was sent to my old (before I moved?) address where my previous landlord called me to let me know the box had arrived.  I picked up the box, returned my router immediately and then waited for the final bill.  No bill was ever sent and 3 weeks later (tonight, after 8pm!) I got a call from a collections agency saying I owed 100+ dollars for the final bill on my verizon account. I am shocked and appalled by this.  I tried calling verizon but their offices were closed.  

I paid the collections amount through the website immediately per the collection rep's instructions but when I logged into my Verizon account the amount owed was even more than what collections said I owed... so now I am feeling even more confused and annoyed.

I always pay my bills on time and am fanatical about making sure that things do not go to collections and in turn, affect my credit, as I own a small business and these types of things can be detrimental to growing my business.  I would like to make sure this is sorted and removed from my credit history.  Paying the bill is not the issue but I have yet to receive a final bill, in addition to being confused about the difference between the collections amount and the amount "owed" when I log into my verizon account.  

Please escalate and call me asap.  I am happy to give you more details but would like this sorted in the next 48 hours.

0 Likes
Re: Closed Account Sent to Collections!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes