Re: Consistent DSL speed issue whether wireless or wired
BKinBK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay...here's the update.

I actually received a call from Verizon yesterday asking about the speed increase, which was supposed to have taken effect.  After describing the situation and mentioning the ADSL2+, the agent said that our current line couldn't handle any more speed than we currently had, and therefore provisioned a new line for us.  This would allow us to go up to the next tier of speed (4-7Mbps), which -- you were correct -- we simply could not have done with our original line.

However, because of the new line, apparently our Actiontec modem/router wouldn't be able to take advantage of the speed increase, so they sent us a new one today (I forget what kind it is -- it's Verizon branded -- and I'm too lazy to get up and go check it at the moment).

In the end, everything is working great.  We're getting download speeds between 5 and 6 Mbps, which is a world of difference from what we started out with when I originally posted this.  I was ready to move onto the next steps you that you had listed in your last posting, but am thankful I didn't end up having to.

Thanks again for all the help!  I really appreciate the effort -- and I also learned quite a bit in the process.

Re: Consistent DSL speed issue whether wireless or wired
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear everything is solved, and congrats on the speed upgrade 🙂