DSL Connection Drops between 5PM and 7PM every day for the past week - Los Angeles, CA
CJHouse

My DSL Connection had been consistently dropping between 5PM and 7PM for the past week or so. I'm located in the Monrovia, CA area. I've been a Verizon customer for about the past 9 years and I have never experieinced this problem before. I haven't added or removed anything from my phone line, and I haven't changed any computer or networking gear. However, it seems that consistently between 5PM and 7PM my connection will drop. DSL Light on the modem begins blinking (it is normally on solid), it will occasionally go on solid, but then shortly thereafter starts to blink again. The connection may re-establish later in the evening, but more often than not, I have to wait until the next day to use the internet again.

Any ideas what might be going on here? For reference, I'm using a Westell 6100 modem.

Thanks all!

CHJ

0 Likes
Re: DSL Connection Drops between 5PM and 7PM every day for the past week - Los Angeles, CA
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Do you have a seperate router?

#2 What software firewall is on your computer?

#3 Log-in to the Westell 6100.

#4 Which Westell Firmware do you have ( the White and Blue OR the Red and Black ) ?

0 Likes