DSL Disappointment
Brandovb21

My husband and I recently had Verizon DSL installed upon moving into our  home. We subscribed to a service plan that ranges from 1.1M to 3M downstream rates.  We are lucky to get 1.1M downstream, especially in the evenings.  This connection is barely sufficient to support common applications like YouTube on a PC, much less supporting anything HD for hometheater like Hulu or NetFlix.  We've spent hours on the phone with Verizon trying to troubleshoot the issue with little to no improvement.  We also looked at upgrading to a higher tier service, but none is available in our area.  This is baffling to me considering that we live in a densely populated residential community where I'm sure many of neighbors require high speed internet to support in-home applications.  What is Verizon's plan to support growing residental broadband needs?  I understand that FiOS may not be in the cards for all neighborhoods, but surely the existing network needs to be augmented and improved to retain customers in today's environment? 

0 Likes
Re: DSL Disappointment
SunshineF
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Disappointment
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are the speeds for your DSL service like in the early morning hours? Test at both www.speedtest.net and at speedtest.verizon.net to the nearest server. From there, give us a speed test from the evening/night time hours where it is reduced.

Second, post up the traceroutes that this page presents: http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html

Lastly, please provide your modem's Transceiver Statistics. If you don't know how to get them but you run a Westell modem/router, try visiting http://192.168.1.1/ and choose System Monitoring from the top of the page. From this point, choose Advanced Monitors from the left hand side Navigation, choose Yes past the prompt, and then choose Transceiver statistics from the Advanced Statistics Menu. Just copy and paste the information displayed on that page.

A typical login will be admin/admin for the Verizon routers, but they can also be admin/password, admin/password1, and admin/admin1.

0 Likes