DSL Dropping Intermittent Issue
sav0808

Hi,

I literally copied and pasted someone elses post because this is exactly what I've been experiencing since May 16, 2014!!!  Yes that's right over a year now.  For some unknown reason, the technition who came to the house on Sept 11, 2014 did something at the central office that seemed to fix the problem for 6 months, BUT on April 4, 2015, this all started all over again.  I'm on new router #5 in less than 1 year and on technition #6 or #7.   Verizon, you have a problem with your hardware at the central office location where my DSL is coming from and you cannot fix it.   

Post from Previous User with my minimal edits - this is exactly what I, and clearly others, on the forum have been experiencing:

I have been experiencing this issue and I have called Verizon countless times since the problems began.  I am at my wit's end as I need my connection for my work, which is time sensitive and requires a stable internet connection.  First, the DSL light on my router will begin to blink, then it will go solid and the internet light will turn off.  The connection will then recover after several minutes, and the process begins again.  The problem does not seem to be time specific, such as dropping during peak hours.  My DSL can drop sometimes up to 3 or 4 times in 1 hour and as many as 10 times during the day.  Most of the drops are in the morning between the hours of 9am and noon. 

Verizon has sent me a new Actiontec GT784WNV router, which I am using now.   (<---- my router has been swapped 5 times now)

A technician has been to my home at least 6 or 7 times and he has insisted that there is no issue with the phone lines in my home.  I even have a direct data line, so my phone is not dropping JUST the DSL.  I can be on the phone talking and the DSL will flash and drop the connection I have to the computer and my work.   

I am approximately a 2-3 minute walking distance away from the local CO.

This problem is not getting fixed, and as much as I hate to I'm going to have to seek out other options for my internet because Verizon can no longer support a stable internet connection.  After 17 years of having Verizon DSL, this pains me to even think of having to swap.  

0 Likes
Re: DSL Dropping Intermittent Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sav0808,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes