DSL Nightmare Not Over
akg5065
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Friday, July 19, I ordered Verizon DSL as part of a DIRECTV package. Upon receiving the order details in an email, I realized that what I had ordered was in no way what your employee had signed me up for. I wanted local service only; she gave me long distance calling, caller ID, call waiting, home voice mail, call forwarding, 3-way call, and call assistant (all part of a Verizon Freedom Essentials package, which I did not order). I called Verizon to correct this mistake, and the woman I spoke to was not able to give me what I wanted (according to her). I decided that it was not worth the trouble, so I told her to cancel the Verizon DSL all together. She assured me that she did, and that it was definitely cancelled.

However, when I went to myverizon.com, on my end of things, my order still looked very much active. I called Verizon a second time. The man I spoke to told me that it did not look like the order had been cancelled, but he told me that he was able to cancel it for me. I specifically asked this gentleman, "So there will be no technician coming to my apartment, correct? Every aspect of this order has been cancelled?" And he assured me that there would be no technician coming, and that the order had been cancelled in entirety. However, my end of the website, the order still appeared active. I called a THIRD time, and spoke to another Verizon employee and her supervisor, who both told me that the order was cancelled, and there was no way that a technician would be coming.

The next day, I got a package in the mail: the equipment for my order from Verizon. Frustrated, I called Verizon a fourth time, and told them that I had received equipment for a cancelled order.  The man told me to open the box and just find the return label to send the items back. When I opened the box, there was no return label to be found, so he told me he would send me a new return label in the mail (why it could  not be emailed to me, I have no idea; many other companies are able to email return labels to their customers). 

The culmination of this fiasco occurred yesterday, the originally scheduled date of the technician's arrival. My myverizon.com account had finally updated itself, but instead of saying that the order was cancelled, it said that the technician would be arriving between 1pm and 2pm. I stuck around until 2:15 to make sure no one arrived, and no one did. But when I got home that night, there was a Verizon pamphlet from a technician, saying that the "Line should be working," and that he had been there around 5pm. After I had spoke to FIVE different Verizon employees, including a supervisor, who told me that this would NOT happen, that a technician would not be coming, that the order was totally cancelled, it happened. As you can imagine, I was furious. I have no idea how a company could be so completely incompetent.

The sixth Verizon employee I spoke to about the technician disaster told me that the technician was only there to check the phone line, and that there was no charge for that service. He missed my point entirely: if my order had been cancelled, there should not have been a technician to check or do anything, period. He also had the nerve to tell me that, "maybe the technician came just in case you decided to change your mind."

I called a seventh time to speak to someone other than this rude employee. This morning, I was transferred back and forth between departments, trying to figure out why a technician had come. Eventually, I was told no one was sure why a technician had come, but they definitely should not have. I was assured that there was no active account and that I would not receive any bills for anything related to this Verizon DSL order. I can only hope that this is true, but based on the experiences I've had so far, I am still uneasy.

I have lost my faith in Verizon completely, and I never plan on using them for any product or any service at any time in the future. To date, I have not received the return label. I have no assurance or way to verify that my service was canceled, so I feel this fiasco is far from over. It’s beyond comprehension how a company could be so terrible with communication. Can anyone do anything to help this situation?

Re: DSL Nightmare Not Over
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Nightmare Not Over
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us look into this for you, akg5065. Everything looks good on this end, and you should be all set, If, however, you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll revisit this together.

Best,

Leon

0 Likes