DSL/Service Horrible
Reaver1

I've been a client with Verizon for over 7+ years and have the bundle which i pay around $300 a month . Recently the speed has slow down ALOT and i am not able to do anything this on my iPad or iPhone. This problem has been going on for 3 weeks and started to get even worse. I decided to reach out to them via chat service provided online Last week and they found a problem in me using AVG(i've had it for quite awhile it was never the issue) they said "once it's disable it should be fixed. I thought to myself ok this person doesn't want to help and wants to read off the script provided to them by the company. I had a meeting to go to and wasn't able to let the Representative know that wasn't the issue.

I decided to chat again (big mistake same script felt like it was deja vu) this time they said it was missing the filter on my phone line. I was like OMG yes they figured it out. Guess what i've been using you guys for 7 years without phone filter don't waste my time with this garbage. Both times they did the "speed test" and "line test" and it was perfectly fine. I didn't have time to go thru this crap again because i'd rather talk to a brick wall. The whole script goes like this " Have you reset the modem? Have you reset the computer? Is the computer wired or is it wifi? It's perfectly fine  on our end go figure it out on yourself and we are happy to take you $300 a month without helping you. Yes i exaggerated but i'm pretty **bleep** off.

At this point the internet was horrible i couldn't load anything without waiting for quite awhile. So i hate dealing with verizon's customer service is because there just plain ______ you fill it in. Now i had my brother call in and talk to them regarding this issue. Guess what the same script again but this time we waited for 2 hours to get an answer and they said it was our PHONE LINE!! yay for me they figured it out. It took them 4 days to figure that out...4 DAYS!!! So they finally set an appt for the tech to come out and look on Wednesday before 5pm. I really couldn't handle how slow the internet was going and was getting screwed over for the price i was paying. I called and had them reschedule it for Tuesday(Today) to come fix it. Now i am going with 1+ week with slow internet and not being able to work from home and pretty **bleep** off.

Now the tech is here and i am excited that this problem is going to get fixed and it'll be back to normal. Guess what boy was i wrong...The tech comes in looks at the router and says "oh it was wire" and i said i've had it like that for the past 6 years no it isnt. He checks and the line isn't the issue it's perfectly fine. Then he checks the Box outside called NED i think and that was perfectly fine as well. Now i am lost and **bleep** off even more saying it was on my end??? and it isn't. So the Tech gets his computer and see how slow my computer is going and notices the issues and said "is that what your talking about?" Then he goes on and says its the modem and then it's not. He calls into his main office and says to fix it and apparently they was an optimizer reducing my speed till a tech comes out and fixes it? Are you kidding me? there is nothing wrong with my internet and i had to wait for a week to get this fixed?  So he says i called and had them reset it...i test it out and it was perfectly fine going smoothly...guess what?? till he leaves. As soon as he leaves it comes back. I can't do anything and i was upset you can think of the rest of the words going thru my mind with this company.

Now onto today's call with them...this story is never ending and will go on till tommorow. Today i call in they did the same pathetic script...have you reset the modem yada yada yada. At this point im thinking don't you have logs where your employee's can read whats been happening? At this point she did her thing which took another hour and waiting for the line test to be done and she kept saying " i understand what your going thru" no you don't. Now we fast foward an hour into the call she says we'll send out another tech to fix this problem that the first tech told me it wasn't an issue with our line. She even said "the rep probably had to go to another site to fix that problem" WTH AM I??? not a customer who's paying? At this point i really don't think i should be paying to get pushed around. I was pretty upset and asked to speak to a supervisor which took 2 hours to do. What kind of a meeting will you be at 12:00pm???At lunch and honestly only one supervisor? the other was on a call? I waited about 1hr and 30 mins for her and it was over 2 hrs because she had to do a test on my line again so she hung up...I guess so it doesn't show up on their logs. Tomorrow will be jundgement day on if i should stay or go..needless to say i am paying for **bleep** service which i can get anywhere and this is pathetic.

0 Likes
Re: DSL/Service Horrible
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Reaver,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL/Service Horrible
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post here .

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes