DSL Speed Upgrade Ordered and Resulted in Complete Disabling of Internet Connection
Jmokem

I had a perfectly functioning DSL internet connection (data line only) for almost a year. I called Verizon on 11/4 to order a speed upgrade - at my expense! On 11/7 my internet was completely disabled and remains so after almost a week now. Over 40 calls to tech cust svc have resulted in absolutely nothing. I still do not have a schedule as to when my internet will be restored. The best information I received was advising there is some sort of "wiring problem" at the Central Office. In frustration, I researched and found the location of the non-descript Central Office supporting my line number. After ringing the service bell, someon wearing a verizon employee i.d. answered, listened to my story, went into the back room to "check my connection" and came out and told me nothing was wrong. Filed A Complaint With The California Public Utilities Commission. Thanks for the great advice Verizon. You guys suck!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Speed Upgrade Ordered and Resulted in Complete Disabling of Internet Connection
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jmokem,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes