DSL activation user id
tmota
Enthusiast - Level 1

Occasionally my internet connection stops working and the only way to get it to work again is to reset the router. But when I reset the router, Verizon makes me re-activate my internet service (I get sent to www.activate.verizon.net). This normally isn't a problem, I just enter my user id and password, and I'm able to get back to using the internet. But yesterday I had to reset my router again, and now the activation website is not accepting my user id and says that my user id is too short. I've even double checked my user id and password with the 'forgot user id/password' route, and they're both correct. I've called Verizon multiple times and no one has been able to help me. Any thoughts?

Re: DSL activation user id
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Instead of resetting it back to factory defaults constantly, why not just reboot your modem? You're making it harder on yourself by having to run that activation wizard (which truthfully isn't needed if you know what you're doing). If you can tell us what modem/router you're using, we can help you get back online completely bypassing that wizard.

0 Likes
tmota
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, by reset I meant turn off and on.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even after a simple power off/power on, you should not need to run the activation wizard again. Could you describe your setup a bit more, such as what modem and router you are using? That would help us in figuring out the problem.

0 Likes