DSL connection getting worse by the day
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the last several years, we have been having connection issues with our DSL internet. Typically, these issues are present in the summer months, and by mid to late October they correct themselves, and we have normally functioning DSL throughout the winter months. Not so this year. For the last month, our connection quality has been continually declining. We now have to reset the internet constanty thoughout the day. It goes out for minutes or hours at a time. For instance, it has been out for the last hour, and the Internet light on the D-Link DSL2750B router has been out. I rebotted, as well as disconnecting and then rebooting, to no avail. At other times, both the Internet and DSL lights are lit, but the WLAN light blinks very fast and steadily, and will not connect.

We have had several tech visits over the past few years, although none this year as yet. The last tech to visit changed out tier in the central box a few blocks away, and out service has been very poor since. However, as stated, it has gone dramatically downhill in the past month, or so. We generally do not have service for several hours per day. There is no real rhyme or reason to when this will happen, or the current weather conditions. We lose connection rain or shine, hot or cold. I've worn a path between my computer and the router! Please let me know what I can do address this situation. I have spent countless hours over the past few years on the phone with tech support in India, and an not interested in repeating the experience. We've had issues long enough now that I know rebooting, etc, isn't going to fix anything.

0 Likes
Re: DSL connection getting worse by the day
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Additional info: I have a private thread in this forum that was closed in April of this tear. The Verizon Support rep said that if any further problems occurred, to start a new thread, which is what I am doing now. Any history of this topic can be viewed in that thread.

0 Likes
cvld

We were having the same issues and Verizon tech said it was something to do with the main modem. Many others in my town were also experiencing poor performance. Verizon will never bring FIOS to our town, so we switched to Comcast for internet (they were offering the service - much faster and reliable - at the same monthly price). When Verizon called to ask me why we switched and I told the agent, he didn't even try to win us back. They know...those of us in DSL land don't count much. And, we are relatively close to two major cities!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Theresa100

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes