DSL connection on/off for monts
HEEELP

Hi,past several months I have loss of connection issues. We have one PC wired ,one laptop wireless.
First we lost connections when raining etc.for day or so and now we have no connection for almost a week. There was no any adjustments etc on any of those computers. In past I had to adjust duplex speed to have the PC working and go on line. Now nothing is helping.Reset,etc., nothing.
The only way I can get on line  with very low speed and weak signal is through my NETGEAR on laptop.This is what I'm using now. Normaly my laptop goes through 05Z402627929. The PC just used to go itself on. I need some help badly.I don't know much about computers and the worse is the lingo that drives me nuts b/c of english language. I can fix things using one computer for references and technical "translation" but this time I have no idea, nothing works.
I have Westell versalink 327 W, almost 7 years old.

Laptop has Windows XPpro, PC is newer with Windows 7- I think. It's my bf's computer.
The internet light on it is not on, the rest is blinking. What can I do? I am ready to throw things out of window.

I was thinking maybe the box is burned out but how do I know?
Thanks anybody for input!
Helena

0 Likes
Re: DSL connection on/off for monts
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
HEEELP

Sorry, but I posted here b'c I thought someone might have some ideas on what might be done before I contact customer service.

Maybe like some settings might be adjusted or maybe someone would let me know how to tell that the box is dead.

I have very bad experience with Verizon and customer service. First about year ago they all of a sudden stopped getting payment even thou there was no problem on my side or the bank.They blamed me for expired card even thou I never used my card for payment, it went out straight from my checking acc. And even if it was blamed on the card, they still get payment while it supposed to be expired. So I called in several times. From my Verizon cell phone that is dropping calls in my house area since I got it years ago. Verizon never did anything. I even live close to the tower!  I was put on hold many times to be connected to someone, only to be disconected all together. Finally I called from work. Long story short,  someone from India sort of helped but somehow they ended up charging me twice the amount that I owed. At least they used the money for future payments.

After this i DID NOT sign up for automated payments but somebody started to take money out of my account without my permission.

Customer service at Verizon is the last thing I will use. I'd rather pay someone to deal with them. My bf refuses to call them too.

We do not watch tv or have house phones any more so we do not need any FIOS or bundle deals. Just simple DSL.

I am willing to even switch companies!

Sorry, I am furious, but this mess started year ago and dropping DSL goes on for over 6 months. First b/c of rain and bad weather, now gone all together for no reason.

There's got to be some english speaking someone I can call without being on hold etc.

How about local Verizon store?

My friends all have Comcast so they can't help me.

We live in Florida, Sarasota area.

0 Likes
HEEELP

One more thing.

I am not comfortable with live chat, I am not the fastest typer.

I am older than many of you morelikely so it is difficult to deal with it without much knoledge.

0 Likes