DSL down 4 days and counting......
nearlynufinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's now been over 4 days that our DSL went down. I have chatted with tech support at least 5 times, been on the phone 3 times and still no resolution. Multiple times I have been assured that the "outage" would be fixed by a specific time but all to no avail. Unfortunately, I seem to have no other options in my immediate area for internet service and my frustration has nearly reached the breaking point. And now, after being on chat and then the phone for nearly 2 hours tonight, I am once again told it will definitely be back on within 24 hours. I can't believe it..........why should I? How does one get the attention of someone ? I spend thousands of dollars with Verizon each year with several different accounts............do they care? So, what are the options? At least 8 hours wasted in "tech support" trying to fix their errors. 4 days and counting without internet. The loss at this point is reaching hundreds of dollars.......

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL down 4 days and counting......
nearlynufinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue was resolved after 5+ days by finally insisting on talking to a supervisor. The supervisor assured me the problem would be priority until resolved and within 15 minutes it was resolved. Lesson: when regular tech support doesn't get results, don't repeatedly go through the same cycle of discussion. Insist on supervisor level assistance for resolution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning nearlynufinva,

We were unable to get in touch with you regarding your private support case and we are going to be closing it due to no response. Please let us know if you still have comments, questions, or concerns about your service and we will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
nearlynufinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue was resolved after 5+ days by finally insisting on talking to a supervisor. The supervisor assured me the problem would be priority until resolved and within 15 minutes it was resolved. Lesson: when regular tech support doesn't get results, don't repeatedly go through the same cycle of discussion. Insist on supervisor level assistance for resolution.

0 Likes