DSL drops every 5mins
mith1

I will start with the chain of events. Two months ago we started losing single at exatly 8:30 pm ever night. we would reboot and it would be ok. Now it drops every two to 5 mins. ( droping in and out while I type this ). I have called tech support 4 times including tonight. The first time it was reset and worked for a day the second call I was told the modem was bad and needed replaced. I replaced the modem ( wich you want to charge me for).It worked a day. I called again and was told it was the conections in the house. I rewired the whole house with R6H wire and replaced all the fliters and juction boxes. A seperate line to modem.  It completly failed then including the land line. Fixed the bad connection at the NID on your side of the box..One of your techs came to the house checked everything its all good.Seperate line to the modem now. It worked a day! I look on the forum for simular problems, guess what several people have the same issues.  This is not an isolated problem. I want to know who to call? I have been a loyal verizion wireless customer and home service customer AND will not be if your customer service doesn't improve.

0 Likes
Re: DSL drops every 5mins
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mith,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes