DSL in Brookville, Ohio
dabiz7

Wow, what a joke Verizon is becoming! Been waiting a week now for my DSL, they say " there are not enough ports available"...{word filter avoidance} does that mean???  Anyone else in this part of the world (45309) having problems with VerizoN?

I am seriously ready to chuck it all and get a wireless broadband card for the laptop and a cell phone and tell Verizon to step off !

0 Likes
Re: DSL in Brookville, Ohio
nospeedinternet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 3mb DSL and a wireless broadband card. The wireless broadband card is faster than the DSL after 3pm. The congestion is so bad in the pm that it will not work at all on some days. From the looks of this forum it looks like they are doing auto disconnects trying to free up bandwidth.

I am going to use a Cradlepoint mbr1200 router with DSL and wireless broadband card at the same time to get by till Frontier Communications takes over and starts fixing what Verizon is dumping on them. It maybe a long wait.

I would look for something other than Verizon DSL at this time if I was you. You are not going to get what you pay for and there will be nothing you can do about it other than  turn it off.

I am getting now 10:37pm     download 0.24mb /  upload 0.46mb

http://www.speedtest.net/result/849954346.png

0 Likes